Monday, January 30, 2012

Long or Short Wedding Dress ?



Some brides know exactly what kind of a wedding gown they want. They know what colour and how long will their gown will be.. I honestly wasn't the one of those. Since i first started to even think about possible wedding I've been jumping from style to style wanting too many things and all at same time - pretty please ! :) I started with the thoughts of having a short 50's style dress with HUGE and fluffy swing skirt, no tiara, no veil , no gloves and only some flowers in my hair :) I really was excited about wearing a short knee length wedding dress and super cute heels. But i wouldn't be me if with time going pass some doubts wouldn't come to my mind...

This were my thoughts... We are brides only once ( hopefully ) and there is only one time we can actually wear a long wedding dress with a trail and all the accessories coming with it ( yeah princess staff ). So that was it, and even tho i keep on bumping to the idea of short knee length cute dress, i made my final decision on having long gown with trail and all. But not a super long trail for me, you know the ones that make bride make a buss type of a turns? Hehe, i want to keep myself in a good mood on my wedding day and not keep on shouting on my guests because of they are walking on my poor dress  :) Anyhow, i have my wedding gown already in my closet ( will show you my dress after the actual wedding happened ) but the thoughts of short gowns still keep on coming into my head.

So what should we think about when deciding to have a short or long wedding dress? I will try to put pluses and minuses for both styles:


SHORT WEDDING DRESS:

+   Fantastic for 50’s Rock & Roll type of weddings
+   Easy to move and dance in
+   Won’t get easily dirty and no one will walk on the trail
+   Can show off your fantastic shoes and beautiful legs
+   Can wear HUGE skirt without looking silly
+   Great for casual type of wedding


-    Demands good looking legs especially if the dress is showing knees
-    Less gowns to choose from, usually bridal stores have only few short dresses for sale
-    You might need to find a good seamstress
-    Dresses are surprisingly expensive
-    Achieving bridal look can be more difficult? Don't think any bride wants to look less dressy than her guests
-    Depending on the length can make legs look shorter




LONG WEDDING DRESS:

+   There is endless amount of different styles to choose from
+   You will definitely look like a bride
+   Less unforgiving to your legs


-    Harder to move in, especially with long trail
-    Skirt get dirty easily
-    Not very comfortable to dance in





                       Mori Lee                                            

 

So, which dress type you are going to choose for yourself ?

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment